Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Leaving tomorrow


A trading dhow passes a taxi boat on the creek waters in
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, May 24, 2007. [© AP Images]

Fly out of Miami tomorrow afternoon around 5pm and arrive in Heathrow at 6:30am (their time). What this really means is - about 8.5 hours on an airplane. I have a hard time with 1 hour in a car!

Then a 3 hour layover (hopefully enough time to find the next flight) and 7 more hours on a plane to finally land in Abu Dhabi (1 of the 7 'states' of the United Arab Emirates, Dubai being another).

My host will be waiting at the airport to take me to a hotel where I plan to sleep, stretched out on a real bed, for many hours in an attempt to get my internal clock fixed.

It was difficult to sleep last night, as I'm sure it will be tonight. My brain is on overload and if I misplace my keys one more time, you will all hear my scream.

No comments:

Post a Comment